ctdb in autobuild broken -- ctdb depends on winbind now????

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Thu Jan 5 20:48:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 10:22:09 +1100, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
wrote:

> Given that both seem to hit only occasionally (though our friend
> Murphy seems to have been a bit nastier with you), it takes a lot of
> time to figure them out. We have tried running the above test in a
> tight loop for many hours and have been unable to trigger the
> flakiness.  We have also audited the relevant code.
>
> Working on it.  :-)

Now for the irony...  :-)

I'm trying to push fixes to both of the known CTDB flaky test bugs.
I've had 2 successive autobuild failures in winbind-related tests.  The
latest is:

  [2005(13985)/2028 at 3h21m20s] samba.blackbox.wbinfo(rodc:local)
  UNEXPECTED(failure): samba.blackbox.wbinfo(rodc:local).wbinfo -u against rodc(rodc:local)
  REASON: Exception: Exception: Error looking up domain users

  FAILED (1 failures, 0 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 0 testsuites)

The latest failure was after 220.0 minutes.  Perhaps we could find a way
of moving flaky stuff to the beginning of the test sequence so that it
doesn't take 3.5 hours to fail...  ;-)

Pushing again...

peace & happiness,
martin