Disabling python modules.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jan 5 19:19:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 10:28:48AM -0800, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
>
> Non-GPLv3 SMB client is slow. That is a fact.
> GPLv3 SMB is probably very fast but a lot of people can not use it.

That is their choice. The code is there, and I'm always
willing to help people use it in the way they need.

Let's the honest, the only reason people don't want
to use GPLv3 code is they want to lock out their users
and prevent them from owning their own hardware, or
want to retain the right to sue people over patents.

I don't want to help vendors do that, I don't think it's
ethical.

> I have better idea.
> I write SMB2 client that is lgpl2.1 so that QEMU can reach feature parity with
> all other virtualization products.
>
> Anyone want to help?

Nope, for the reasons stated above.