Travis / autobuild.py failures on ldb, tevent, etc

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Feb 13 18:18:48 UTC 2017

Hi Ian,

>>> I never got it to run that far.  I agree it is odd.  Punt that one back
>>> to the list and ask metze.
>>
>> It's not just my PR that does this, all open PR's from December 2016
>> onwards seems to have this issue right now.  Will open a new thread.
>>

> I tracked this down to commit 278c92126, which added a bunch of 'stat'
> calls on various dirs, including ${testbase}/tmp in cleanup() -- this
> was meant to help debug 'flakey' tests where tmp didn't exist, but it
> doesn't seem to make much sense to keep debugging code like this in
> place when it definitely causes failures for all test runs when
> they've overwise completed successfully.
>
> I've got https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/77 which reverts the
> one particular stat call which seems to be causing failures on
> autobuild.py --tail runs for ldb, talloc, tevent and replace.  Travis
> CI runs should be green going foward (assuming checks do in fact pass,
> of course)

Can we change this to:
 run_cmd("stat %s || true" % test_tmpdir, show=True)

It's really not expected that this directory is missing,
we always create it before we start with the tests and the
cleanup() function should be the only place that removes it again.
But it seems it's sometimes disappears earlier than expected.

I think we should really try to understand where test_tmpdir gets removed.

metze