Request for comment for async resolution of DNS names

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Feb 8 19:10:11 UTC 2017

Hello All,

Following last week conversation, I came with this patch for changing
the resolution of names returned from SRV records from sequential to
asynchronous.

I tested a bit this patch and it seems fine, valgrind is also not
complaining. I haven't ran the full set of tests on it but I will.

Still I wanted to collect feedback just in case the method is not the
right one.

This patch is relying on a move of pthreadpool from source3/lib to lib,
I have another set of patches for this that I'll send shortly.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team