smbcmp: new tool to compare SMB traces

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Wed Feb 1 10:37:29 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com> writes:
> This is a great idea - why don't we merge this into Samba git tree, so
> it can be packaged in one of the client/tools rpms?

I think it makes more sense to have a separate repo. I don't like to do
the dance where I'm working on commit X but want the tool in the same
tree at its latest version.

We have a package for openSUSE here [1], it should be simple to adapt
for other distros.

1: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:dmulder/smbcmp

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3