Latest AV code

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Mon Dec 25 17:51:09 UTC 2017

On 12/22/2017 02:58 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 01:51:04PM -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 02:27:23PM -0700, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>>> Sure. I am not sure how to do a git clone of something like:
>>>
>>> https://git.samba.org/?p=slow/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/av
>>>

>>> How would I do that so I can use it as a starting point?
>> You don't need to get Ralph's branch, he's provided everything
>> in the published patchset.
>>
>> Easiest thing to do Trevor is to just use a copy of master,
>> then apply Ralph's patchset on top. You can then work on
>> that to squash the FIXUP's, then work on the README.Coding
>> changes. Then use:
>>
>> git format-patch --stdout <starting-refspec>.. >/tmp/virus-patch
>>
>> to get the modified patchset and re-post to samba-technical.
> So here's Ralph's patchset with the FIXUP patches squashed
> into the previous patches, in the hope this will help get
> you started.
>
> Can you confirm it still works with your test environment
> so we know the refactoring didn't break anything ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy and Ralph, some of what is below may have existed prior to the
refactoring. I will get back to you in a day or two as noted below.

    /*
     * Check quarantine directory now to save processing
     * and becoming root over and over.
     */

Which is around line 373 in vfs_virusfilter.c is incorrect. The
directory cannot be created ahead of time, if I understanding the
BackupIntent opens change correctly, the quarantine directory must be in
the same level or lower (a/b/c/ or a/b/c/d/e not a/b) as the file in
question. I would like to remove this. Is every one okay with this?

There is a new null deference problem in the config param for the
communications sockect. I have fixed this. The lp_* function for that
parameter was called twice, invalidating some of the necessary checks. I
have fixed this. scan on open is supposed to default true. In the change
it was set to false. I have fixed this.

I am going to need another day or two to fully test the code with
clamav, to do the coding style fixups and to make sure that everything
matches the man page defaults.

Thank you,
Trever