Portable mktemp calls in the tests

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 22 06:18:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:55 AM, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net> wrote:

> I'm walking home so can't check right now, but...
>
> Is -t deprecated in Linux? My memory of the source code tells me it is but
> I'm not sure how clear the documentation is.

Yeh, it's documented as deprecated... But still works :)

 -t     interpret TEMPLATE as a single file name component, relative to a
directory: $TMPDIR, if set; else the directory specified via -p; else /tmp
[deprecated]

Isn't it amazing how the simplest changes are really hard when you start
> taking about portability? :-\

I guess on a long run we'll need some kind of shell compatibility library
that would take care of all those matters(if that's possible at all).

With regards,
Timur Bakeyev.