Samba Server version, AD Authentication and Kerbaros

Singh, Madhav Madhav.Singh at Honeywell.com
Tue Dec 19 09:07:35 UTC 2017

Thank you so much for your reply.

We have a group of users who use old SAMBA.  When specific Microsoft patches were rolled out on our domain controller, their SAMBA connectivity was broken. This why we are taking some extra care and trying to find out what would be the best approach that we install the MS security patch on our AD and also the connectivity to samba is not lost. I am assuming that the security patch is block the port/service for samba, I may be wrong too.

We need connectivity and authentication via AD and Kerberos which we would not want to break.

I explored for possibilities and found on some blogs/forums that Samba 3.6.x is compatible with RHEL 5, 6, 7 ; AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 but not sure if it is compatible with HP UX 11.11, Sun OS 5.8 and Debiain 3. Am I on right directions? Please advise.

Second, can we leveraged our AD with Kerberos for authentication on the above version of OS with Samba 3.6.x ?

Is there a possibility I can call and seek advise.

Thank you,
Madhav Singh,
Infrastructure Solution, Design & Delivery
Honeywell Enterprise IT
Plot 115, Nanakramguda,
Hyderabad-500019
Office  : +91-40-66543570  x 61154