[RFC] [CTDB] Optimized memory handling.

Swen Schillig swen at vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 14 14:59:16 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-12-14 at 14:46 +0100, Swen Schillig via samba-technical
wrote:

> 3) @Amitay: I really like the removal (in comparison to ctdb_io) of
>    the really expensive "data" memory / memcpy thing, that on it's
> own
>    should save time already. I just have to make sure to change all
>    the callbacks for ctdb_io to NOT free that memory anymore.

I'm afraid I was a bit too quick here.

One thing I forgot about, even though I pointed that out as a ToDo, is
that the callbacks are responsible to free the memory behind "data".

But they mustn't do that because it is not a copy anymore. This memory
is stolen at some point in the call chain which unfortunately isn't
always on the first level.
For now I decided to re-introduce the data_pool again (now in
sock_io.c)

Cheers Swen