[RFC] [CTDB] Optimized memory handling.

Swen Schillig swen at vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 12 11:49:08 UTC 2017

As mentioned in an earlier mail, I'm new to SAMBA and CTDB.
During my on-boarding (reading code) I was wondering if the memory
handling is really so fortunate.

The attached patch shows a more extensive usage of theĀ
memory pool concepts provided by the talloc API.
In addition I re-organized the processing a bit in that way that I'm
trying to first gather the memory requirements and then allocate,
instead of the other way around and then fail.

The currently used magic numbers for the pool sizes are still under
investigation...hints and recommendations are welcome.

However, initial tests showed big improvements.

Please comment.

Cheers Swen