I think sn-devel is stuck... (samba.dsdb test flapping deadlock)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 5 04:11:35 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-12-02 at 16:57 +1300, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 12:44 -0800, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > Ralph's autobuild is hanging. Can someone give it a kick ?
>
> It got stuck on:
>
> [2024(12875)/2216 at 1h48m41s] samba.tests.dsdb(ad_dc_ntvfs:local)
>
> Garming found something similar and send me details while I was on
> leave.  Given this has happened more than once I'll look into it next
> week.  Another race condition no doubt...

Samba is racing against the test, which is blocking on a pipe.
Production code should never block on anything while holding a lock,
test code that does this on purpose should not operate on a database
that other processes are using, so I'm re-factoring the test.

In the meantime, if this happens again just kill the test manually.

Sorry,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba