[Announce] Samba 4.5.13 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Thu Aug 31 07:16:50 UTC 2017

		      "Everyone responds to kindness."

		       Richard Gere

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.5 release series.

Changes since 4.5.12:
---------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 12836: s3: smbd: Fix a read after free if a chained SMB1 call goes
     async.
   * BUG 12899: 'smbclient setmode' no longer works to clear attribute bits due
     to dialect upgrade.
   * BUG 12913: SMBC_setatr() initially uses an SMB1 call before falling back.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 12791: Fix kernel oplock issues with named streams.
   * BUG 12897: vfs_fruit: Don't use MS NFS ACEs with Windows clients.
   * BUG 12910: s3/notifyd: Ensure notifyd doesn't return from
     smbd_notifyd_init.
   * BUG 12944: vfs_gpfs: handle EACCES when fetching DOS attributes from xattr.
   * BUG 12885: Let non_widelink_open() chdir() to directories directly.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 12840: vfs_fruit: Add fruit:model = <modelname> parametric option.

o  David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
   * BUG 12911: vfs_ceph: fix cephwrap_chdir().

o  Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com>
   * BUG 12927: s3: libsmb: Fix use-after-free when accessing pointer *p.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 12782: winbindd changes the local password and gets
     NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD for the remote change.
   * BUG 12890: s3:smbd: consistently use talloc_tos() memory for
     rpc_pipe_open_interface().

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.13.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy