Drop the implementation of CHECK_SRVIDS control

Mon Aug 28 06:42:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 02:00:17PM +1000, Amitay Isaacs via samba-technical wrote:
> But to support your requirement we need a control that checks
> if a PID has registered for SRVID?  Is that correct?

Correct.

> CONTROL_CHECK_PID_SRVID
>
> input - { pid_t pid; uint64_t srvid }
> output - { int result } 0 if match found, -1 if not
>
> That way you don't need 2 separate controls -- one for process_exists
> and one to check if srvid exists.

We could add the srvid(s) as optional arguments to
CTDB_CONTROL_PROCESS_EXISTS. If CTDB_CONTROL_PROCESS_EXISTS gets
additional data beyond the PID, check if the supplied serverids are
registered with this pid. A CONTROL_CHECK_PID_SRVID from my point of
view would have to have something like that maybe with UINT64_MAX as
wildcard srvid. This would then replace CTDB_CONTROL_PROCESS_EXISTS,
and then we can extend CTDB_CONTROL_PROCESS_EXISTS as well.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de