waf build compilation errors

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Aug 22 13:03:08 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 14:02:01 CEST Dimitris Gravanis via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've narrowed down most errors and fixed them.
>
> I ran
>
> $ waf configure --bundled-libraries=ALL
> $ waf
>
> in case my libraries were off, but it doesn't seem like that was the case.
>
> There are still many warnings, but, having read the build logs, they're
> are probably not going to cause problems. I will however sent you the
> log when the errors I've prioritized are fixed
>
> _My main issues are:_
>
> *where are these types defined?
>
> |DATA_BLOB: unknown type name||

find -name data_blob.h
./lib/util/data_blob.h

> ||NTTIME: unknown type name|

grep -rns "NTTIME" | grep typedef
lib/util/time.h:46:typedef uint64_t NTTIME;

> *where are these function declared? (used in dns_server.c)
>
> |tstream_read_pdu_blob_send()||
> |
> ||tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv()|
>
> I need to find their definitions to solve this errors in cli_dns.c

find -name tstream.h
./libcli/util/tstream.h

> *In dns_server.c this is cast to NTSTATUS as well
>
> |331: tstream_read_pdu_blob_recv: incompatible types to NTSTATUS (int)|

find -name ntstatus.h
./libcli/util/ntstatus.h

Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org