Looks like we do not have self-tests for smbcacls

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Mon Aug 21 19:23:03 UTC 2017

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation

On 05/08/17 06:25, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 17:49 +0100, Noel Power via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> sorry that credential handling does not seem to work, it seems to expect
>> s4 code/environment as it call
> I'm not sure exactly what is going on as I can't see the code, but that
> looks like a fallback to the machine account.
>   Did you catch that this
> code uses -U not -u?
yes, but... I somehow expected I needed to use -P (which seems to be a
different thing) to pass the password, this was causing the problems
outlined

Attached patch returns the 'main' convenience functionality so you can
once again run the test directly like

PYTHONPATH=./bin/python/ python
./python/samba/tests/blackbox/smbcacls.py -U Administrator%mypassword -n
mywindowsbox --share myshare -l ./mytemp/ --test 0

Also commit comments specify msdn link the expected behaviour wrt to
inherited flags is gleaned from

Additionally a the doc was modified a little to address Uri's comment
wrt ACL settings of a windows dir (I would be happy to adjust that text
further to be more useful if anyone has any suggestions)

Noel