the true way to make a rpm package for samba's latest version

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 06:25:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM, Li, Dan via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I want to make new rpm of samba's latest version in the platform(CentOS).
> I find the file makerpms.sh.tmpl and samba.spec.tmpl under the folder "packaging/RHEL",
> But it doesn't works well now. (for example, some parameter of configure doesn't work anymore.)
> Is it correct to use new samba.spec under the following url or should I create a new one by myself?
> https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!samba.git
>
> Regards,
> Li Dan

The latest versions of Samba do not compile well with older versoins
of gnutls I've tried to create CentOS compatible RPM's for leading
edge Samba releases, and had to throw in the towel some time ago. If
you want to play with my existing work, you're welcome to checkout
https://github.com/nkadel/, but I warn you that Samba 4.6 or later
presents real dependency issues.