samba suggestions (and whislist, a test with 4.7rc4 on debianstretch )

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 17 19:10:08 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 11:47 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle via samba-technical
wrote:
> ( keep in mind, i try not to touch original debian files where possible. )
> I did add in /etc/krb5.conf
> default_keytab_name = /var/lib/samba/private/secrets.keytab

You shouldn't need that.

The things that know they should be using that keytab, which is managed
by Samba, know where to find it.  Other things (apache httpd, ssh etc)
won't find the right principals (they normally look for a host/ thing).

Now, perhaps we should make it easier to share the keytab with those
services, like folks do on member servers, but we don't right now.