Show-stopper samba-4.7.0rc3 on AIX when using xlc

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Wed Aug 9 07:34:25 UTC 2017

On 08/08/2017 23:22, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> There are lots of very good tutorials on the web.  Please make it a
> signed-off git commit, sent here as git-format-patch -1, it makes it
> much, much more likely to be picked up in a timely manner, which in
> turn makes a 4.7 backport much more practical.

I read about git and signing things, and I have done several tutorials.
But I am an old dog - having trouble learning the new tricks :)

As to this particular problem - I think the patch 'causing' this is
poorly architected as
my suspicion is that there are multiple locations where "cflags" are
being tested and set.
IMHO - these would be better 'determined' aka set in one location, and
used where needed.
(I am thinking specifically about the code at about line 90 where the
boolean tested at line 720-something
  is set.)

Michael