[PATHC] libsmbclient APIs to set configuration file and Logging callback function

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Mon Aug 7 10:30:02 UTC 2017

Hi,
On 08/06/2017 09:45 PM, Puran Chand via samba-technical wrote:
> This PR has libsmbclient APIs to set configruation file and logging
> callback function which allows the libsmbclient user to capture logs.
>
> https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/95
>
> Review is appreciated.
This is a non-technical review.  The above PR contains a corporate
copyright, which is explicitly disallowed by Samba policy.  I do realize
it can be difficult to get personal copyright in a large company, so I'm
sorry to ask you to find out how to do that.

We are more than happy to give credit in the code.  This can be done by
maintaining the corporate email address, as it is in source3/utils/net.c:

  Copyright (C) 2001 Steve French  (sfrench at us.ibm.com)
  Copyright (C) 2001 Jim McDonough (jmcd at us.ibm.com)

We can also include a direct comment about the company contributing the
patch, just not a copyright.

Thanks,
Jim