about the worm feature

Li, Dan lidan at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Aug 3 05:19:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I can add a new module named "worml" for short of "worm limit" which has the retention period.
I'd like to implement it based on the code of vfs_worm and vfs_readonly.

I know that 'worm' has a common meaning in storage for ages,
but I think the meaning is changing because the evolution of the media of storage.
For example, Glusterfs and NetApp has its worm feature with the retention period.

http://blog.gluster.org/2016/07/worm-write-once-read-multiple-retention-and-compliance-2/
http://www.netapp.com/us/products/backup-recovery/snaplock-compliance.aspx

Anyway, can I just contribute my patch and how should I do that?

Regards,
Li Dan