Looks like we do not have self-tests for smbcacls

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Tue Aug 1 11:40:28 UTC 2017

On 07/31/2017 03:34 PM, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-07-31 at 13:51 +0100, Noel Power via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> Please find a new version of the patchset (with tests re-written in python)
>> Noel
>
> Thanks for writing these tests.  It would have been better however if
> the tests used the standard test classes like BlackboxTestCase and the
> assertions that go with it.
>
> I know it will be a pile of pain to re-work the test (again!), but the
> consistency really helps as others will copy and paste from the first
> example they find.
>
> See for example python/samba/tests/blackbox/ndrdump.py
>
> (We used to have more of those, but SambaToolCmdTest took over for
> Samba tests).
Sorry, but this does not pass the any test of consistency as a review.
There is only one test in samba using it and _in the same directory_ as
the submitted test there is only one written in python, which itself
does not use that class.  The submitted test is modeled after that one.

If there is missing policy documentation, then fix it.  If the
documentation is there, point to it in the review.

Turning away test code where there was none calls for a higher level of
review and feedback than this.

Jim