After domain join what about local Samba users ...

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 02:13:28 UTC 2017

For Samba member server case, (not the non-Samba Domain Controller
case), where there is at least one local Samba users defined before
joining Active Directory ("security = ads"), do we expect to be able
to authenticate to the Samba member server with the local user, even
after joining Active Directory (as seems to be the case with Windows
servers).

I was running into

  winbind authentication for user [admin] FAILED with error
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

in the samba logs (and failing with NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I thought I had done this before (allowed authentication with a local
user after AD join) ... any ideas?

--
Thanks,

Steve