Automated CI systems

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 24 21:21:18 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 22:47 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Well, often I'm the one who fixes the build on openSUSE or Fedora
> because most
> people only use Ubuntu and never run their code on other Linux
> distributions.
> So I'm the one producing patches to fix those issues and keep it
> working.
> However, finger pointing doesn't help us, working together does :-)

Indeed.  I would love to have a gitlab CE driven (so free software, so
we actually use it) implementation of gitlab CI, running on our
allocation of cloud credit with Rackspace.

I've wanted to do this for ages, but have made no progress, but it
someone could find the time to build and maintain this, we could help
get past this silly situation where we all pass around patches that
fail autobuilds.  Ideally by the time another developer looks at the
patch the failure would be indicated, and we can all avoid wasting
time!

We could even include multiple target platforms.

> New patchset with the issues addressed will follow tomorrow.

Thanks!

> Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

I'm really glad to get this moving.  Not much further now!