Samba Virtual Server Question

Darwin Lemoine darwin.porras at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 01:14:41 UTC 2017

Good Morning

I’m using Ubuntu Server 14.04 and samba 4.3.11-Ubuntu. Would like to create two virtual servers and for every server one independent share. I have created the two servers using “netbios aliases” parameter but I’m not able to assign a share to a single server. The problem is that all shares I create are available for every server I created. I want to know if I can isolate each server whit their own configuration shares folders?

This is all my “smb" configuration files.

dporras at T330:/etc/samba$ more smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = work
wins support = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
map to guest = bad user
dns proxy = no
netbios name = COUNTRYPARK
netbios aliases = PORCAL IT
include = /etc/samba/smb.COUNTRYPARK.conf
include = /etc/samba/smb.PORCAL.conf
include = /etc/samba/smb.IT.conf

dporras at T330:/etc/samba$ more smb.COUNTRYPARK.conf
[global]
workgroup = workgroup
netbios name = COUNTRYPARK
server string = CountryPark Server (Samba %v)
wins support = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
map to guest = bad user
dns proxy = no

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[Contabilidad]
    comment = CountryPark Contabilidad Files
    path = /samba/Contabilidad
    valid users = @contabgrp
    guest ok = no
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes

dporras at T330:/etc/samba$ more smb.PORCAL.conf
[global]
workgroup = workgroup
netbios name = PORCAL
server string = Porcal Server (Samba %v)
wins support = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
map to guest = bad user
dns proxy = no

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[Administartivo]
    comment = Porcal Administrative Files
    path = /storage/Porcal/Administrativo
    valid users = @itgrp
    guest ok = no
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes

dporras at T330:/etc/samba$  more smb.IT.conf
[global]
workgroup = workgroup
netbios name = IT
server string = CountryPark Tech Dept Server (Samba %v)
wins support = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
map to guest = bad user
dns proxy = no

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[Technology]
    comment = CountryPark Technological Files
    path = /samba/It
    valid users = @itgrp
    guest ok = no
    writable = yes
    browsable = yes

I appreciate your help or advice. Thank you in advance

Best Regards
Darwin Lemoine