SMB3 Unix extensions
smfrench at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:16:26 UTC 2017
And we do have the slides from SDC.
We did reach some conclusions -
1) open with posix create context on root of share will allow us to
determined if the server understands posix (so we don't try to send
the posix create context on subsequent opens and have it ignored)
2) the capability flags to be returned were discussed at SDC and were
3) most features can be done without adding info levels (just with the
4) a new info level (e.g. for fsinfo) was discussed but lower priority
and a number was not reserved for new info levels
5) need some info back from Microsoft on opinions about inferring mode
from the ACL and also about the 'nfs symlink' (assuming that the other
form of symlink reparse point is admin only) vs. simulated symlinks
(ala MF symlinks that Apple uses e.g.)
On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>> I would like to start a discussion about SMB3 Unix extensions. So far
>> I have the following questions:
>> 1) Do we have any docs describing the protocol draft?
> We discussed that at some events, Jeremy can you do a brain dump
> of what we already discussed, so that we don't start over and over again.
>> 2) What is the current status? Are there some difficulties with the
>> current state? What is left to be done?
> We're basically back to zero...
More information about the samba-technical