SMB3 Unix extensions

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:16:26 UTC 2017

And we do have the slides from SDC.

We did reach some conclusions -
1) open with posix create context on root of share will allow us to
determined if the server understands posix (so we don't try to send
the posix create context on subsequent opens and have it ignored)
2) the capability flags to be returned were discussed at SDC and were
pretty simple
3) most features can be done without adding info levels (just with the
create context)
4) a new info level (e.g. for fsinfo) was discussed but lower priority
and a number was not reserved for new info levels
5) need some info back from Microsoft on opinions about inferring mode
from the ACL and also about the 'nfs symlink' (assuming that the other
form of symlink reparse point is admin only) vs. simulated symlinks
(ala MF symlinks that Apple uses e.g.)

--
Thanks,

Steve