Review: Saving the pipes opened for connection and free the memory of all these pipes and samba pipe open timeout.

Nagendra008 bodepu.nagendrakumar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 06:12:39 UTC 2017

Hi Jeremy,

*pipe-samba-4-5-6.patch*

- Here i am trying to Save the pipes opened for connection and free the
memory of all these pipes.
- For graceful freeing of pipes by one after other.
*- Reason:
  - In samba-3.4.4 we are seeing cores to avoid cores we added this
pipe-samba-3.4.4.patch for samba-3.4.4 and same patch we add in samba-4.5.6
  - Can you say is this patch is needed with respective samaba-4.5.6*

*connection-timeout_samba-4-5-6.patch*

*- Increase the samba pipe open timeout from 60ms&250ms to 2500ms to
overcome a longer network delay.(only OK for rtt<2500ms)*
- We allow the users to induce timeout value for network connection delay.
- Replace hard coded timeout value in functions open_socket_out_connected
and rpc_pipe_open_tcp_port.
- with new field time not a hard coded value.

Thanks,
Nag