rr debbugger

Garming Sam garming at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Apr 11 23:17:39 UTC 2017

One thing to add, using checkpoint in the rr gdb debugger is
particularly nice. Instead of running from the beginning, you can make a
checkpoint right before the failure and restart from that point. In a
long-running situation, this is great for gathering information, and
particularly when the reverse debugging does not work entirely (e.g.
optimized code or rr bugs).

I also have some ideas about a rr gdb command which would be useful for
following IRPC messages between processes. As it is, I haven't really
seen a good way of cycling through processes with rr and I don't see any
reason it can't be done.

Cheers,

Garming