WIP WSP patches

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Fri Sep 23 08:17:08 UTC 2016

On 23/09/16 05:00, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 06:21:35PM -0700, Ralph Böhme wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:40:45AM +0100, Noel Power wrote:

[...]
>> I wanted to test the client but I always get this from a 2008r2
>> server:
>>
>> $ ./bin/wspsearch -U Administrator%x --search bla //10.10.11.200/data
>> wsp_server_connect: failed to connect to server status: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND)
>> main: failed to connect to wsp service status: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
>>
>> I followed this guide to setup indexing service:
>> <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/954822>
>>
>> Still no luck, any idea what button I need to hit a little harder?
> nevermind, looks like this is because we don't do a pipe wait before
> the pipe open. Adding support for this to libsmb atm...
interesting, seems like a nice catch, I never encountered that, I have
only run the client against a 2k12 server and the pipe was probably
already setup from previous testing. Have to say though I only added the
client for testing purposes really, it needs some love I think to make
it more generally useful. E.g. to make binary queries more flexible,
maybe limit results returned and I was thinking maybe some optional
shell interface to help create more complex queries.... but that's all
just thoughts right now.

thanks,
Noel