[WIP] Remove confusing --use-xattrs option from samba-tool domain provision

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:00:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:35:32 +0200
Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I did a little more digging and I think all that is really required
> > is: Add a switch to the provision command, something like
> > '--use-zfs' if this is set, don't do the simple acl check.
> > when creating smb.conf add the zfsacl lines
> > and hopefully this will do the job, but there will probably be other
> > things to do, only time will tell.
>
> maybe a generic --additional-sysvol-vfs-modules=zfsacl option would be
> better, that way it's not limited to zfs.
>
> metze

Confused now, do you mean 'zfsacl' can be used with file systems
other than ZFS ? if so, why is it called 'zfsacl' ?

Or do you mean '--additional-sysvol-vfs-modules=X' , where 'X' is a vfs
module ? If you do mean this, then I do not agree, nobody will want to
type that. How about 'use-vfs=X'.

Rowland