[WIP] Remove confusing --use-xattrs option from samba-tool domain provision

Volker Lendecke vl at samba.org
Mon Sep 5 05:30:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 05, 2016 at 03:24:53PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> While at a high level the steps required to have Samba work on an NFSv4
> ACL backed filesystem seem reasonable, no user or developer has found
> it important enough to produce a patch.

Can you explain what you mean with that statement?

Just to make sure, not to give a wrong impression: A Samba fileserver
works much better on an NFSv4 ACL backed file system than on a Posix
ACL one. GPFS users use it every day in large installations. I can't say
how well the FreeBSD zfs/ufs NFSv4 ACL mapping is actually tested, but
as the mapping is much more straight-forward than with Posix, I would
not expect anything unsurmountable.

Thanks,

Volker