[Samba] Error joining Linux member to 4.5.0 DC: Indicates the SID structure is not valid

Arthur Ramsey arthur_ramsey at mediture.com
Wed Oct 26 18:38:59 UTC 2016

On 10/26/2016 01:29 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I'm very sceptical that this is the underlying issue, it just doesn't
> line up with the error.
I agree, I was surprised.  I applied the patch for that issue trying to
solve a different issue I was having on 4.4.5 and discovered that it was
the source of this issue.
> Have you filed a bug for the SID structure
> issue, and have you provided logs?
I requested a login for the bug tracker, but never received one.

Thanks,
Arthur

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the Mediture Privacy Officer at privacyofficer at mediture.com.