[Announce] Samba 4.4.7 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Oct 26 07:25:03 UTC 2016

			 "To attract men, I wear a
			  perfume called 'New Car
			  Interior'."

			  Rita Rudner

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of Samba 4.4.

Major enhancements in Samba 4.4.7 include:

o  Let winbindd discard expired kerberos tickets when built against
   (internal) heimdal (BUG #12369).
o  REGRESSION: smbd segfaults on startup, tevent context being freed
   (BUG #12283).

Changes since 4.4.6:
--------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 11259: smbd contacts a domain controller for each session.
   * BUG 12283: REGRESSION: smbd segfaults on startup, tevent context being
     freed.
   * BUG 12291: source3/lib/msghdr: Fix syntax error before or at: ;.
   * BUG 12381: s3: cldap: cldap_multi_netlogon_send() fails with one bad IPv6
     address.

o  Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
   * BUG 9945: Setting specific logger levels in smb.conf makes 'samba-tool drs
     showrepl' crash.

o  Björn Baumbach <bb at sernet.de>
   * BUG 8618: s3-printing: Fix migrate printer code.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 12261: s3/smbd: Set FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY as necessary.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 12285: "DriverVersion" registry backend parsing incorrect in spoolss.

o  David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
   * BUG 12144: smbd/ioctl: Match WS2016 ReFS get compression behaviour.

o  Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>
   * BUG 12287: CTDB PID file handling is too weak.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
   * BUG 12045: gencache: Bail out of stabilize if we can not get the allrecord
     lock.
   * BUG 12283: glusterfs: Avoid tevent_internal.h.
   * BUG 12374: spoolss: Fix caching of printername->sharename.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 12283: REGRESSION: smbd segfaults on startup, tevent context being
     freed.
   * BUG 12369: Let winbindd discard expired kerberos tickets when built against
     (internal) heimdal.

o  Noel Power <noel.power at suse.com>
   * BUG 12298: s3/winbindd: Using default domain with user at domain.com format
     fails.

o  Jose A. Rivera <jarrpa at samba.org>
   * BUG 12362: ctdb-scripts: Avoid dividing by zero in memory calculation.

o  Anoop C S <anoopcs at redhat.com>
   * BUG 12377: vfs_glusterfs: Fix a memory leak in connect path.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 12269: nss_wins has incorrect function definitions for gethostbyname*.
   * BUG 12276: s3-lib: Fix %G substitution in AD member environment.
   * BUG 12364: s3-utils: Fix loading smb.conf in smbcquotas.

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 12287: CTDB PID file handling is too weak.
   * BUG 12362: ctdb-scripts: Fix incorrect variable reference.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.4.7.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy