default ctdb configuration file locations

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:48:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:02 AM, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 09:09:15 +1100, Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
> wrote:
>
>> > https://ctdb.samba.org/configuring.html says differently but it looks
>> > like the location has moved from /etc/sysconfig/ctdb to
>> > /etc/ctdb/ctdbd.conf
>>
>> The online CTDB documentation is woefully out of date.  I'm planning to
>> update the CTDB documentation in the wiki to be well structured and
>> correct. We will then remove most of the online documentation and point
>> to the wiki.  No use maintaining it twice...
>
> I spent some time today updating the wiki.  The new top-level CTDB page
> is now:
>
>   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_and_Clustered_Samba
>
> The equivalent of the old configuring.html page is:
>
>   https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_Setup
>
> and this one mentions ctdbd.conf.  This page might get moved to have a
> more descriptive title.
>
> Some of the out-of-date documentation at https://ctdb.samba.org/ has
> been removed (including configuring.html).  More pointers to the wiki
> have been added...

Thanks - this should be helpful.  Part of the reason I was worrying
about this is seeing some strange behavior I (at first) thought was
configuration related but presumably is not.  I had configured a two
node ctdb cluster with the node below's ctdbd.conf configured as:

"CTDB_CAPABILITY_RECMASTER=no"

$ ctdb status

Number of nodes:2
pnn:0 172.29.161.26    OK
pnn:1 172.29.161.45    OK (THIS NODE)
Generation:1678151314
Size:2

hash:0 lmaster:0
hash:1 lmaster:1
Recovery mode:NORMAL (0)
Recovery master:1

I am certain that CTDB_CAPABILITY_RECMASTER is set to no on that node
(and not set to anything on the other node) but it is still becoming
recovery master which I found confusing.

--
Thanks,

Steve