default ctdb configuration file locations

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Wed Oct 19 22:09:15 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

What Michael said, and...

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:40:34 -0500, Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>
wrote:

> going from 4.4 to 4.5 looks like the location changed for ctdb
> configuration files (see
> https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=3fafe48027d3df9ea1f431142a68936f757b41c4),
> but it brought up the obvious question - what is the ctdbd equivalent
> of "smbd -b" to display the build options for where config files are
> being looked for?

The strings command?  ;-)

CTDB doesn't have an equivalent.  I'll add it to my list of things to
do... but if you get it done first then I'd be grateful!  ;-)

> https://ctdb.samba.org/configuring.html says differently but it looks
> like the location has moved from /etc/sysconfig/ctdb to
> /etc/ctdb/ctdbd.conf

The online CTDB documentation is woefully out of date.  I'm planning to
update the CTDB documentation in the wiki to be well structured and
correct. We will then remove most of the online documentation and point
to the wiki.  No use maintaining it twice...

> How do you tell which config file ctdb is using

What Michael said...  :-)

peace & happiness,
martin