PATCH: Samba-VirusFilter

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Tue Oct 18 18:23:39 UTC 2016

On ma, 17 loka 2016, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> >> +#if SAMBA_VERSION_NUMBER >= 30600
> >> +/*********************************************************
> >> + For rename across filesystems initial Patch from Warren Birnbaum
> >> + <warrenb at hpcvscdp.cv.hp.com>
> >> +**********************************************************/
> > It is good to have compatibility code but if we are going to merge this
> > to git master, can we remove old code or wrapping against the old code?
> > (There are more places like this)
> All compatibility code has been removed.
>
> Thank you for the review.
Thanks.

I found one more inconsistency -- sorry, the patch is huge, so it is
harder to get through it -- in .c file you have:

+#ifndef _VIRUSFILTER_VFS_H
+#define _VIRUSFILTER_VFS_H
+
+#include "modules/vfs_virusfilter_common.h"
+#include "modules/vfs_virusfilter_utils.h"
+
+#endif /* _VIRUSFILETER_VFS_H */

I think this #ifndef should be completely removed -- it is not needed in
.c file.

It would be good to split a single commit into multiple commits which
add smaller changes:
 - common headers
 - build system changes
 - each VFS module and documentation in a separate commit

This would make a review easier. Sorry for adding a bit of load to you
but if there would be any issues later, tracking back possible bugs
through the git commit history would be simpler too.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy