Mixed 4.4 and 4.5 Samba - and ctdb

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Tue Oct 11 07:51:32 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 11:47:19 -0500, Steve French <smfrench at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Samba 4.5 has quite a few ctdb changes, are there any compatibility
> issues expected (with the format of the databases, or ctdb wire
> traffic or ...) when running a mixed Samba 4.4 and Samba 4.5 ctdb
> cluster (ie different versions of ctdb on nodes)?

We don't expect to be able to mix CTDB across Samba 4.x minor versions.

We do expect to be able to mix CTDB across Samba 4.x.y release versions.

In particular, 4.4 + 4.5 will fail because we dropped database
priorities and associated controls.

This policy needs to be documented on the wiki somewhere.  I'll get to
it soon... along with a major reorganisation of the CTDB documentation
and wiki material...

peace & happiness,
martin