Radically trim down winbind?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 16 14:28:09 UTC 2016

Hai,

Incomment of Michael, ( and totaly agree with him )

And just a suggestion.

A command table for on the wiki.

Before samba 4    as of samba 4.x

Old command       new command

Containing the most ask and most common commands.

The problem is not "not willing" people.

Its new people over and over again with same questions.

The wiki has improved a lot, but it must be improved for search engines.

If you google a simple thing link:

samba smb.conf

The first 2 hits in google point to old documentation.

This is one of the biggest underlaying problems imo.

Lots of people search, but get the wrong info.

I have a A+ in google foo, so i find my things,

but this can be hard for others.

The wiki really needs better SEO, results arent good in searching.

The old doc sites need this also but if sitemap.xml is used.

( exmple here : https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ )

Set the Last modification date to old date, so it drops on the search results.

And if you change 1 character on the site and you set a new last mod.

( google needs to see a change.. )

You can easy boost the search results.

Best regards,

Louis