CTDB scaling?

Partha Sarathi parthasarathi.bl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:12:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

Since this mail thread was already there, I want to continue on the same
question i.e CTDB linear scaling  and its Performance in HA environment.

As Ronnie mentioned does CTDB only scale up to ~30 nodes with a better
performance or is there any fixed limitation on the number of nodes in
a cluster for ctdb to work without any performance bottleneck ?

Since we have multiple HA group concept in our cluster, we thought of
running ctdb instances per HA so that way we don't want to sync locking
states to other HA groups as shares are isolated to each HA group. But this
idea blocks the syncing secrets.tdb across cluster.

I would like to know others opinions/experience on ctdb linear scaling and
its performance in the field or if there any good practice to solve this
linear scaling issue.

Regards,
--Partha

--