Samba4.4.5 cross compilation for PowerPC

Uri Simchoni uri at samba.org
Tue Nov 15 07:19:15 UTC 2016

On 11/15/2016 08:09 AM, shivappa Sangapur wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I need your help in samba4.4 cross compile for PowerPC.
> Im using samba-4.4.5.
> As suggested by some folks in below links I used cross answers method.
>
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2015-November/104549.html
>
> https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/commit/?id=dee1cf0cdf9db351fd94ccd864e09b3f1ec122f9
>
> Configure is no issues.
>
> The main issue is for asn1_compile and compile_et binaries.
>
> From these two binaries some files needs to be generated but during this
> time I'm getting below error.
> "Cannot execute binary file."
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2011-August/163587.html
>
> I need your help to resolve this issue.
> Could you please suggest me how to proceed.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Shivappa

I assume you use the bundled Heimdal. I can tell you what I do:
1. do a native build on the build machine, obtain a copy of asn1_compile
and compile_et - put them somewhere (or run a native build as a pre-step
to your cross build).

2. Put the following in the environment while running configure:
USING_SYSTEM_ASN1_COMPILE=1
ASN1_COMPILE=<path-to-your>/asn1_compile
USING_SYSTEM_COMPILE_ET=1
COMPILE_ET=<path-to-your>compile_et

3. In the configure flags, use:
--bundled-libraries=!asn1_compile,!compile_et

Hope I didn't miss any ingredient...

HTH,
Uri.