ctdb event scripts

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Mon Nov 14 02:17:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:42:28 +1100, Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Yes - that is a cool idea.
> >
> > Let's see if Amitay agrees and wants to add it to his new event
> > daemon.  :-)

> What's so cool about it?  It's in the logs already when the node
> becomes UNHEALTHY.  I don't think there is any point adding it to
> eventd.

So you don't need to grovel through the logs for the simple cases.

> If we want to provide a hook to capture that information, then it can be
> done via notify script.

You could do it for any event.  It doesn't have to be tied to something
that generates a notification.

If you've had "startup" problem and you think they're now solved then
you can check with "ctdb scriptstatus startup lastfail" or similar.
Alternatively, if some higher-level monitoring software has logged an
unexpected fail-over then you could use "ctdb scriptstatus monitor
lastfail" for an initial look.  It might tell you enough...

Or not...  :-)

peace & happiness,
martin