vfs_fruit option fruit:resource
metze at samba.org
Tue Nov 8 13:06:57 UTC 2016
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 04:07:07PM +0530, Shilpa K wrote:
>> Filed bug https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12412
> thanks! Patch attached.
> Someone please review & push if ok. Thanks!
I'd argue that we should not silently change the behavior of existing
installations, just with an 'apt-get upgrade' from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2.
I see two ways forward:
- just change the manpage in 4.5 and older
- do an incompatible change for 4.6 and use
'fruit:resource' with a fallback to 'fruit:ressource'
- document the mess in the 4.6 manpage
- use a new name e.g. 'fruit:resource method' with a fallback
- document the new name and the broken legacy in the manpage
- Here we would be able to backport the patches to 4.5 and older
and have it at least consistent between 4.5.next, 4.4.next and 4.6.0
I'd tend to 2).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the samba-technical