Richacl and ext4 vs. xfs

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:19:57 UTC 2016

Andreas,
I had been working on getting some VMs together to experiment with a
few different Richacl configurations and it looks like the e2fsprogs
git hub repo with richacl enhanced ext4 utilities may need to be
updated or have an incompatibility with current kernels (See e2fsprogs
github link at http://www.bestbits.at/richacl/ ).  XFS worked ok.

Fedora 24 Workstation, created two extra disks
/dev/sdb for xfs
/dev/sdc for ext4

Built and installed Andreas's 4.9.0-rc1 based kernel richacl branch
and the other repos (xfsprogs, richacl etc.).    Had no problem
formatting and using /dev/sdb1 as xfs, but once I installed e2fsprogs
from Andreas's tree I couldn't boot the system (removed e2fsprogs and
the ext4 partition and booted fine).  With Andreas's e2fsprogs I
couldn't boot 4.9.0-rc1

--
Thanks,

Steve