Radically trim down winbind?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 4 10:32:50 UTC 2016

Hai, small intrusion in this thread..

I used the same command as you Rowland, but without smbd running..
only winbindd, for my proxy auth fallback.
It errors, but this is wrong, everything works correctly.
And all wbinfo test works fine.

The error output. ( and this can be a "debian" thing ) im just imforming you guys.
I'll check this afternoon with a samba 4.5.1 build. ( this was 4.4.5 )

ldb: unable to stat module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb : No such file or directory
Unable to find backend for 'http://memberserverx - do you need to set LDB_MODULES_PATH?
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - Failed to load modules from: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba/ldb

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/user.py", line 286, in run
    credentials=creds, lp=lp)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 57, in __init__
    options=options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 115, in __init__
    self.connect(url, flags, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/samdb.py", line 72, in connect
    options=options)

Greetz,

Louis