Improving our RID Set Handling

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 3 17:39:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-11-03 at 22:06 +1300, garming at catalyst.net.nz wrote:
> The new tests are good, I was expecting you would change the
> existing
> dbcheck code.
>
> For this test:
>      def test_join_time_ridalloc(self):
>
> It joins fsmo_owner['dns_name'], but demotes from
> fsmo_not_owner['dns_name']. Is that going to cause problems?

No, but I'll fix it for consistency.

> There are also two RIDALLOCTEST6, as well as copy pasted comments.

Thanks.  For your curiosity I split that test up after I found we had
joined the RID master, so had a RID set, and also realised that we
hadn't seized the rid master role.  So now we get to dbcheck a
normally-constructed RID Set and one we made during the seize.

> I'm curious as to exactly how 'dsdb: Remove on-demand creation of
> the
> RID Set' results in passing the test (removal of the knownfail
> entry).
> That doesn't seem entirely clear.

Thanks.  I'll look into that.  That seems strange to me to.

We also seem to have broken the samr many-accounts test, which is
curious, so I'll debug that today.

Thanks,