RFC rawpipe

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Mon May 30 08:32:19 UTC 2016

On Monday, 30 May 2016 10:10:15 CEST Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 10:04:30AM +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > For IPC communication we have rpcint_binding_handle() for internal
> > communication (connections inside the same daemon). Then we have
> > rpc_pipe_open_ncalrpc() local rpc over unix sockets to communicate between
> > daemons. ncalrpc is used by samba (ad dc) to talk to smbd. If epmd is
> > started then smbd uses ncalrpc to talk to it.
> >
> > See e.g. https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=source3/librpc/rpc/
> > dcerpc_ep.c;h=0502557a6621178fe4cf2e381cb278cd85d71d42;hb=refs/heads/
> > master#l333
>
> Right, I know. What I was not aware of though is whether this carries
> any RPCisms. Full named pipe support might require something different.
> We might have to build the rpc_pipe_open_ncalrpc upon that "something
> different" when it's there.
>
> Volker

We already have that. Take a look at spoolssd, spoolss is only available over
named pipes. smbd accepts the named_pipe and redirects all traffic to an
external named pipe interface.

make_external_rpc_pipe() creates a named pipe proxy.

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org