Patch: Allow the socket-wrapper stuff to work with net ads dns register etc

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue May 10 08:39:05 UTC 2016

On Monday, May 09, 2016 08:17:43 AM Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi Richard,

> Attached is a preliminary patch to the socket wrapper code to help
> with self tests of things like net ads dns ...
>
> I will write a test for this, but wanted to let people know what I was
> thinking of.

could you please create a patch against the socket_wrapper repository?

You can find it here:

	https://git.samba.org/?p=socket_wrapper.git;a=summary

Please also provide a testcase! You could add a test to:

https://git.samba.org/?p=socket_wrapper.git;a=blob;f=tests/test_echo_udp_sendto_recvfrom.c;h=79948ced4718668cec037a0d2efb3a72704f08ac;hb=refs/heads/master

For developing the test you can run it without socket_wrapper first. How you
do that is described here:

https://git.samba.org/?p=socket_wrapper.git;a=blob;f=tests/README;h=26bf1fbb5b53cfaec2ff2dabe1487b440245f9e8;hb=refs/heads/master

After that it should work with socket_wrapper after applying your patch.

We could also do that together at SambaXP ...

Thanks,

	-- andreas