AW: Centos-6 kernel soft lockup CPU#20 stuck for 67s! [smbd-notifyd] after upgrade form 4.2 to 4.4

Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Mon May 2 13:37:22 UTC 2016

Hi

thank you for your fast reply.

Do you have any further information (e.g. is there already  a bug report at Redhat ? which kernel is affected? which subsystem causes that problem? ...)

I can open a bug at RedHat, but I would need more information.

Sould I open a samba bugzilla entry  in order to  get  it documented for other people who run into the sambe problem with samba > 4.2 and RHEL-6/Centos-6
(not an exotic plattform :-) )

Or may there be some sysctl settings which may improve the situation.

Regards

Hansjörg