Possible reason for f5a0ccc228ce1ef failure

Tue Mar 22 15:29:00 UTC 2016

Hi!

There is one possible reason for the failure mentioned in the commit
message of f5a0ccc228ce1ef: I found that when the member environments
join a domain, the winbind socket environment variable points at the
DC's winbind, where the member's winbind does not run yet. This means
that the join creates BUILTIN\Administrators with a rid allocated from
the DC's idmap.tdb. The HWM in the member's idmap.tdb is not even
started yet, so later assignments will get us clashes. If I now move
the idmap range for members out of the DC's range space, I get an
unexpected success for the nss tests. Would it be okay to unmark the
knownfails that you entered with f5a0ccc228ce1ef?

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de