Patch: WIP patch for providing SET/GET_DOS_ATTRIBs via the VFS

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Mar 21 00:55:29 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 09:12:30AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Attached is a WIP patch for this. I still have to plumb through the
> GET functions.
>
> I can see what gpfs is doing as well, and these changes will not break
> gpfs support, I think, but someone else might want to modify
> vfs_gpfs.c to take advantage of the changes.
>
> I have added a little more const along the way, as well, but noticed
> that more can be added.
>
> Feedback welcome.

Please don't land this until I've gotten my removal of
lp_posix_pathnames() patch landed :-).

I really don't want to have to re-do it, and you're
in the process of modifying thing anyway :-).

Good news is it's passing local make test so I'll
submit it for review tomorrow (Monday Morning Pacific).

Woo Hoo - no more lp_posix_pathnames() in any SMB1/2/3
direct codepath !