Supporting file systems that have support for CREATE TIME and DOS Attributes

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 23:09:09 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

There are a couple of file systems or systems that support CREATE TIME
as a separate time (ie FreeBSD, ZFS, etc.)

Also, ZFS supports the notion of DOS Attributes and other things like
a QUARANTINE bit in the ZNODE.

While we can handle create time easily by implementing ntimes in our
VFS module, it is hard to handle DOS Attributes without modifying
Samba.

Can we refactor file_set_dosmode so it uses something like
SMB_VFS_SET_DOS_ATTRS etc and then move the current behavior into
vfs_default.c?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe